Troop Event Guidelines
|About 2 months before event (or more depending on the activity|
- Contact former sponsor for the event and get a brain dump!
- Attend PLC meetings, ASM/Committee meetings and gather information. Talk to folks – SM, Committee Chair, etc.
- Contact the venue to gather information, rules, restrictions, etc.
- Set activity cost
- Start gathering potential interested participants with a sign-up sheet at a troop meeting or via email.
- Start advertising to the Troop:
- Add detail to the calendar – May require edit rights
- At meetings
About 1 month before event (depending on the activity)
- Accelerate communication – via website Announcements, email, at meetings
- Continue to Attend PLC meetings, ASM/Committee meetings to share information and get any help needed, decisions, etc.
- Start Reviewing the signup sheet for potential problems and for completeness:
- Enough Drivers
- Enough Adult Leaders – Trained and Untrained
- Payments are being made
- Permission Sheet is being signed
- Gather health forms if applicable
About 2 weeks before event (depending on the activity)
- Continue to communicate – via Troop Website Announcements, email, at meetings
- Last minute changes
- Departure Details
- Come to a planning session at troop meeting:
- For Campouts: Print duty rosters, first page of meal planning worksheet and bring to prepare
- Work with Adult Leaders to choose SPL. *If elected SPL will not be attending
- Let SPL organize patrols and patrol meals, duty rosters, etc.
- Take the signup sheets with you so you have them at departure time
At Departure time
- Give signup sheet to SPL, he will take attendance. He will also start running the whole activity, let him!!!
- Get health forms if applicable
- If you are not going, give all the paperwork to the Adult leader in charge.
- If you are going, enjoy yourself!!!