As was mentioned at last nights meeting, all adults are required to be up-to-date on their Youth Protective Training (YPT). Listed below is some instructions that I found from the National Council to make sure you have taken the most updated version.
- From the HOME page at my.scouting.org select the logo ‘BSA TRAIN CENTER’
- On the next page Scroll Down to the YPT logo
- Click on the emblem
- You will see “YPT” and should see a blue button with a white + sign that says ‘Add Plan’
- Click on the button – This adds the training to your personal Training Plan
- Now you need to scroll to the top of the screen and select MY LEARNING from the tabs at the top of the screen
- Scroll down that page until you see Youth Protection (training should be in alpha order)
- Select Youth Protection Training – MANDATORY
- The next screen will show all 4 modules
- Go to the first Module and select the blue button LAUNCH COURSE
- As you complete each Module you will need to repeat the process to select the next Module, then the next Module, then the test, to complete the course.
Once you complete all Modules including the Test – scoring 75% or higher – you will receive an email with your certificate in it.
If you do not receive the email or see YPT complete when you sign onto your account within 48 hours send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and they will research the issue.
There is only 1 version of BSAs YPT. The updated training replaces the previous Y01 (old generic YPT), Y02 (Venturing YPT), and Y03 (Exploring YPT), and is required for all BSA programs. The code for the updated YPT is Y01. (There’s nothing confusing about that, right?, but hopefully it helps)